Thursday, November 27, 2008

Amy & Phillip, we are praying for you....and the World! :0)

I just finished reading Amy P's blog and I have to say that I am apalled at some of the things that people have been saying about this couple.

Since the Biggest Loser first came on tv it has had parents leave their children, come to the ranch to get healthy and lose weight both for their children and themselves.

I have never thought badly of these people for doing this. I applaud them the strength that it takes to do this.

Leaving their children with loved one's to be able to add years to the time that they will be here for their children and to be able to then pass on to their kids the knowledge that they gain so that their children have the opportunity to avoid the same mistakes, is a wonderful legacy.

How could anyone say that doing this is being a bad parent?

And yet, Amy talks about how people have accused her and Phillip of abandoning their children and only loving their autistic son Rhett.

That is hogwash! My son and I can see very clearly the love that these parents have for all of their children. They left their children with a trusted family member to spend the summer with their cousins doing fun things like camping, hiking and playing.

This doesn't sound like being bad parents to me?!

I would say that if there were anyone that has ever been on the show that I would take a second look at for being a bad parent it would not be Amy and Phillip.

I will not say who I am thinking of but I am sure that many of you have had the same thoughts as I have. I have seen many expressing the same concerns about this woman and it sure is NOT Amy P.

So Amy I am sorry that people have hurt you by their unkind and thoughtless words. I want you to know that we are praying for your family, as you requested.

On this Thanksgiving Day here in Michigan USA, we are praying for the world. We pray for an improvement in the economy and that there might be peace and that the Biggest Loser will survive the blow that this season has dealt to their ratings due to a certain someone we all know and......well, you can fill in the blank :0)

I am thankful for my son, being alive, family, friends, having a roof over our head, food to eat, clothes to wear, heat and all of the other things that we all tend to take for granted in our busy day to day life.

May you all be surrounded by love, never know hunger and enjoy great health.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS To YOU ALL!

No comments: