Saturday, April 25, 2009

Biggest Loser Polls...

Hi Everyone :0)

I am so glad to see you voting the polls I have here about the Biggest Loser. It is very interesting to see some of the results.

I noticed that Tara is in the lead for those that you think will make it to the Biggest Loser Finale. NO surprise there :0)

Mike is coming up behind her and Filipe is 3rd.

Until yesterday there were no votes for Helen.

I see that No one feels that Ron will make it to the finale. Weeks ago I would have thought the same thing but at this point he has endured, despite his bad knees, and I see a good chance of Ron making it to the finale at this point.
It also seems that most of us really want Jillian Michaels to stay on as a trainer on the Biggest Loser Ranch. A few don't seem to like her or they just don't care if she stays or not. But the majority are voting that they want Jillian to stay as the show would not be the same without her.
As for the poll about 'Who do you want to see go home?' I am a bit shocked at the results.75% of you want Ron to go home. Now, I may be a bit prejudiced since Ron and Mike are from Michigan, but I would like to see both Mike and Ron go to the finales.

Course after Tuesday's episode I have been rethinking that. I wasn't thrilled with Ron that he told Kristen that he wouldn't vote for her. Yeh, TECHNICALLY he DIDN'T vote for her but he ran right over and worked out with Mike that he could keep his word (?) to Kristen's mom Kathy and yet they could get Kristen off of the Biggest Loser ranch as she was the biggest threat to them.

I understand game play. I also heard Kristen talking at the beginning of Tuesday's episode about if she had a chance she would be sending Ron or Mike home because their 'team' was too strong with both of them there yet.

And yet, as soon as she was below the yellow line she conveniently forgets that she was ready to send one of them under the bus and plays the 'you promised my mom you would keep me here' card.

Then too, I understand that she needs to be there- after all, she HAS gained weight on occasions and this week was one of them. And yet, of all of the contestants still there on the Biggest Loser ranch, she IS the biggest threat

Don't get me wrong, I DO understand that game play does become a factor- especially this late in the game- BUT when it does come into play you tend to see sides of these people that you might not like.

I adore Mike. I think it is great that he has come so far. It would be so hard to be so big at his age. From personal experience I know that some people can be cruel towards the overweight among us.

But, a part of me didn't like the whole Ron/Mike scene that played out before elimination.We like to see the people lose weight and we glory in their weight loss and yet, sometimes, with this weight loss can come out a cockiness that just rubs you the wrong way.

To some extent I suppose that we should be happy for them that they are gaining their confidence back. And I AM happy about that. I just don't like when people get really cocky and full of themselves.

Which brings me to Filipe. I really did like him for a while there. But, when he went off on Jillian when he should have spoken up earlier instead of letting his anger simmer- well I just didn't like that.

I don't like to see a 26 year old man, a FATHER, acting like a 2 year old having a temper tantrum. I understand his being upset but at his age he should have been mature enough to have talked it over with Jillian rationally instead of the yelling, stomping his feet and walking out.

Is this how he is teaching his child to behave?

Since it seems that no one but my son and I want to see Filipe go home I have to wonder why?

Do you not care that he acted childish?

Do you only see a 'pretty face'?

Yes, Filipe is good looking. But, we all need to be able to look beyond the surface and see the person for who they REALLY are.

A friend of mine was with a guy who treated her awful. He drank and abused her verbally and physically. I tried to get her to leave him before he killed her. He finally found someone new to abuse and is on new girlfriend number 5 (or somewhere around there) since my friend.

Luckily for my friend, a new girl caught his eye before she became yet another statistic. And yet, to this day, whenever we talk about how badly he treated her she still says....

"But he WAS good looking wasn't he?"

GAWD, I hate to think that people out there are being taken in by a pretty face and damn the consequences. Is it better to be abused or killed by someone good looking than someone ugly?

Sorry, but it just hits too close to home here. My ex-husband was good looking and seemed so nice. Until he got involved in drinking and drugs and became abusive.

I just want people to be aware that a pretty face isn't everything. Look below the surface and see the truth.

Would it not be better to be loved totally and treated like royalty by someone that is average looking ( or even below average) than to be subjected to childish tantrums or abuse by someone good looking?

I am NOT saying that Filipe is abusive to his wife. I am just using this opportunity to hopefully reach some of you that might be sticking with someone abusive ( like my friend was) just because they are good looking.

You are worth so much more than that! ;0)

Ok, I am done with my rant. Go ahead and leave some comments about Biggest Loser, the polls and what I just talked about here. We would love to hear your comments.

It is starting to storm here so I will be getting off the computer as getting zapped would put quite a damper on my day :0)

Take care

~Michelle

No comments: