Tuesday, March 3, 2009

My thoughts on the Biggest Loser episode tonight....

First of all I apologize for not having blogged about last weeks Biggest Loser episode at all. I find myself still struggling to deal with our loss and besides trying very hard to find homes for Judy's cats I am also trying to find a new source of income in this troubling economy.
I find myself very depressed and watching the Biggest Loser helps me to forget my troubles and to try to stay on track for keeping my weight off that I lost while trying to not gain any more weight. It takes my mind off of everything bad that has been going on and for a little while life feels normal again.
But, as soon as Biggest Loser is done I am right back in the 'trying to find a new source of income' mode and get caught up in that.
Tonight though I am trying to get back in the swing of things and actually blog about tonight's Biggest Loser show.
It seems that this season we have some really wonderful people on the Biggest Loser. I don't know if they would shine this much anyway or if coming on the heels of Biggest Loser's last season with all of the nastiness that we saw, they just shine that much more brightly?
I do know that I am enjoying watching the Biggest Loser show so much more than last season.
I liked the cooking challenge and thought it was funny that Mike and Ron were competing against each other with a dish that they probably have made at home together hundreds of times.
To find out that the calorie difference between the two burgers hinged on the ketchup and mustard? AMAZING! How many times do we put ketchup and mustard on our food and not realize? We looked at the calories on the bottle of ketchup that we have and it was only 20 calories per serving. Hmmmmm....how many servings did they have for that burger?
I laughed when Ron sprayed the water at everyone when they wanted some water. Good nayured playing around like that is so refreshing after last season's Biggest Loser where we saw so much backstabbing and mean mouthing.
I thought that having the contestants bag up the food to help people in need was a wonderful idea. Though I was surprised when Laura sat the challenge out since Sioone had hurt his ankle like that.
I can understand Jillian being disappointed in Laura as it does seem like she is the weakest link and no matter what happens she doesn't seem to push herself as much as we see the others do.
Even with all of the health problems that Ron has he still is out there trying
I was impressed with Mike and how he gave his year's worth of free groceries to Audrey and her children like that. That was an AMAZING gift and being a fellow Michiganian I am so proud of him! :0)
Now for the weigh in...
I think that several people really did a great job. Some did ok and at least pulled their weight- so to speak. I expected Ron's number to actually be smaller than what it was consideringhis health.
Considering Sioone's ankle I didn't think he would have a great week but I had thought that he would have a higher weight loss number than he did.
When it comes down to it, it all comes down to Mike. Poor guy. That is a LOT of pressure.
I cannot believe that they are making us wait a whole another week to find out the results. It is driving me crazy already. How on earth does Biggest Loser expect us to wait another WEEK to find out if everyone stays or if 2 people have to go home? UGH!!!
I have started searching for spoilers and if I find out anything I will post it on here right away so keep checking back just in case:0)
Hope you all are well? Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers as we need it to get through this ordeal.
Leave some commenst and let us all know what you thought of tonight's Biggest Loser show and what you think might happen on Biggest Loser next week. Do you think that Mike lost enough weight to save everyone? Do you think 2 people will go home? Vote the polls to the right and let us know.

No comments: